We had a really nice Thanksgiving day. It was what you'd expect a good Thanksgiving to be. Good food, good friends, good fun. We all met at the church so that we'd have enough room for all of our families to be together and also to include anyone else who wanted/needed a place to come. (great idea, thanks Lisa!) We went around the table and said what we were thankful for. For some reason I thought about my response for the next two days. I said I was thankful for Jesus Christ. And, as I thought about it, I thought about the fact that I am blessed to actually have that knowledge that He lives. So, I am thankful for knowledge as well. Thankful that I know that we lived with Heavenly Father before we came to Earth; that I know that Jesus Christ made it possible to overcome sin and mistakes and even overcome pain from both; that I know that through Christ we can live with Heavenly Father again someday. I am thankful for knowledge.
OTHER THANKFUL FORS:
Trevor- LEGOS
(seriously, he's an 8-year-old boy, what else would you expect?!)
Ashlyn- ANIMALS
Corbin- PIGS
(he actually wouldn't say this at the table, but I asked him later and this is what he said! funny kid)
Dave- FAMILY
Emily, Lisa and I decorated for the event.

The Water coloring station was a hit!

I brought feathers and headbands for the kids to make Indian headdresses

What Thanksgiving would be complete without the Wii, Just Dance game?!

A little basketball...

The movie station
No comments:
Post a Comment