
I started to create a separate blog for this, but I kept creating posts and putting off the part where I made it public. Something didn't seem right to me about it, and I realized that my faith in Christ is part of my life and since I already have a blog that is my family's life it would only be right to include it here. I was going to call the blog In the Faith of Christ.
Anyway, it hit me one day while listening to a friend speak about her testimony (thank you Emily Wagner!...she probably doesn't even know that I am inspired by her--now she does!:)) that those who know me may not know that I have a testimony of Christ. They may not know that I hold that testimony as one of my greatest treasures. It made me realize that all of life is about choice. I can choose to speak of Christ and preach of Christ or I can choose not to. And choosing not to doesn't mean that I don't want to speak of Christ, for me it means that I am not taking every opportunity and making my own opportunities to do so. I know that all good things come because of our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ.
God lives. He is a perfect God and a God of order. He created a plan for us to return to live with Him again someday because He loves us. That plan is called the Great Plan of Salvation. It is also called the Great Plan of Happiness because by following it we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ and through that have eternal joy. I know this is true. I know that Jesus Christ is central to that plan. I know that He performed the atonement so that we can be forgiven of our sins and so that we can return to Heavenly Father clean and pure even though we make mistakes. This knowledge has gotten me through a near death experience, hard experiences as a child, disappointments in adulthood and many more trials in my life. I can still have peace even with trials because of my knowledge of and faith in Christ. This knowledge, this faith in Christ can bring the same peace to anyone.
I hope that as I post my feelings about Christ that others will be inspired to share their feelings about Christ as well. We can have great hope in our futures and in our lives through Christ.
This is a great article about God's plan for His children:
http://lds.org/general-conference/1997/10/the-plan-of-salvation-a-flight-plan-for-life?lang=eng&query=plan+salvation
No comments:
Post a Comment