My sister-in-law, Ashlee, gave me the awesome idea to have our elf on the shelf do pranks. We really need step it up a notch with the elf. We've hidden him in every creative place we could possibly think of these past 3 years, now the elf is starting to lose some of it's excitement to the kids. Santa has delivered messages to the kids from the Elf. He's eaten candy and been caught sitting on our porcelain chicken in our kitchen. I needed to up the standard a little and having our Elf do pranks and the fact that the kids named him Trickster because he is tricky, works out PERFECT!!!
Here is what Trickster did last night while the kids were asleep...
He turned the milk green and left a little tag that said, "Hehehe! You've been tricked!" Corbin found the milk this morning and was freaking out---he was so excited. Trevor looked very skeptical and Ashlyn would not even drink the milk. HA!! All three of my kids are so different. I love it.
Here is the tag I made:
(p.s. the picture of the elf came from the front cover of the elf on the shelf book)
**I must add a disclaimer as I watched this unfold this morning. This prank kind of back-fired because my oldest is 9-years-old. There were just too many questions. How did he get into the fridge? How did he turn the milk green? How did he make the little note that he left. THEN!!! THEN!!! I accidentally left the document open on my computer with the elf tags that I MADE. YIKES!! Not smooth. I just told the kids that Trickster must have used our computer to make his own tags. Oh man. My younger kids were totally buying that....but Trevor....not so much. He didn't say anything but I could just SEE IT on his face! I think that he thinks the idea of Santa and Elves is too outlandish now, but he really, really wants to believe it still. We might have to promote him to INSIDER (to all of santa's secrets) this year.
Tonight while the kids sleep Trickster the elf will be toilet-papering our Christmas tree...we'll see how that goes!
My mom used to dye our milk for April Fool's Day.
ReplyDelete