In the Faith of Christ

Sunday, December 2, 2012

THE ELECTION


Or should I say, THE REJECTION!  Ugh.  Man, I was so into this race, like every other American in the county and I took it hard when my guy --ROMNEY-- did not win.  And he wasn't even close.  At least not as close as I thought it would be.  I thought for sure we would be recounting votes. 

I poured everything I could into supporting Romney.  I volunteered at the victory center, went door-to-door, passed out literature, made phone calls, donated food, worked at the RPCC, attended 3 rallies, drove people around who wanted to go door-to-door.  There were people who flew in from other states to do as much work as possible in Ohio to get the vote for Romney.  So much time and effort was invested into something that I really believed in.  I really thought we would come out on top somehow. It was devastating to me when he lost.  I was up all night watching the polls.  I really only got one hour of sleep because I was so upset.

I'm not trying to sound melodramatic (even though I know it does!), but I do want to have a record of the day.  I do want my kids to know that I stood true to what I believe and did as much as I could in my little realm of influence to help.  

This is what the First Presidency of our Church said after the election and I agree with them. (posted on mormon.org)

First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles Congratulate President on Election Win
SALT LAKE CITY — 6 NOVEMBER 2012

The First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twel

ve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints issued the following statement today:

"We congratulate President Obama on winning a second term as President of the United States.


After a long campaign, this is now a time for Americans to come together. It is a long tradition among Latter-day Saints to pray for our national leaders in our personal prayers and in our congregations. We invite Americans everywhere, whatever their political persuasion, to pray for the President, for his administration and the new Congress as they lead us through difficult and turbulent times. May our national leaders reflect the best in wisdom and judgment as they fulfill the great trust afforded to them by the American people.


We also commend Governor Romney for engaging at the highest level of our democratic process which, by its nature, demands so much of those who offer themselves for public service. We wish him and his family every success in their future endeavors."
At a rally with friends.  Two of the guys in this picture flew to Ohio from Utah to knock on doors and make phone calls. 
Jenn and I passed out Romney fliers for the RPCC (Republican Party of Cuyahoga County) at one of the Rallies.
 Andrew Bang at the Victory center, dropping off food with Jennifer for all of the volunteers.
 Inside the Victory Center
 Making phone calls at the Victory Center
The Republican party--watching the polls coming in.  A reporter took a picture of Ashlyn by the balloons and published it in the Plain Dealer (Cleveland's newspaper)


 My friend, Lacey, and her adorable twins.
 At the Republican Election results party
 Intently watching the Big Screen T.V. as the 
election results were coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment