In the Faith of Christ

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pancake making

I taught the kids how to make pancakes from scratch. Trevor woke up early one morning this week and I could hear him devising a plan with Corbin to make pancakes for breakfast. He wanted it to be a surprise. I don't use the just add water pancake mix so, I gathered them all in the kitchen and taught them how from scratch. I showed them where I keep the cookbook, where the recipe was found and then I had Trevor read off the ingredients and amounts and all the kids took turns pouring the ingredients into the blender. They all made incredible shapes on the griddle. Ashlyn made a kitty cat face...which actually looked like a kitty cat. Corbin made a ninjago...which was as good as it could get! And Trevor made a really huge bat.

I asked them a bunch of cooking questions while we mixed and poured ingredients. They are retaining a lot!

I love the book "The Parenting Breakthrough," by Merrilee Brown Boyak.


It was recommended to me by my friend, Janae, many years ago and I love it. I think everyone should own a copy. It talks about how to raise responsible children so that when they leave the house they can actually live on their own. For example, when it's time for her kids to buy a car, she teaches them every single thing about the car, i.e. how to clean it, how to buy it, how insurance works, where to take it when it breaks down etc. Stuff that maybe parents would normally try to do for them. It's a great book and the author has a great sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment