How cute is that?! She made an indoor hopscotch out of canvas and felt. The white part is canvas and the numbered squares are felt. Each number is cut out so that the white canvas is showing through. I LOVE it!! How fun for the winter. Now go make one. :)
I made something like this for my girls for Christmas. I'd heard of mats like this, but I wanted my kids to be able to change up how the hopscotch was set up. So, I made ours out of squares of felt. That way, they can set up the squares however they want. I also made a bean bag for them to toss, instead of a rock like you would use outside. We love it and it's great for these long winter months when it's too yucky to play outside much.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Now send me instructions on how to do it pretty please. :) I love the bean bag idea too. My kids need something like this during the winter.
ReplyDeleteNo real instructions to speak of. I just cut twelve squares of felt (I think I made mine 11 inches by 11 inches) and then cut numbers out of a different color then got out my trusty glue gun and glued the numbers onto the squares. I used alternating colors; the odd numbers are orange numbers on yellow squares, and the even numbers are blue on pink squares. I just free-handed the numbers. It really is *that* easy. Took me maybe an hour or so, start to finish.
ReplyDelete