In the Faith of Christ

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ice Skating tragedy

We went ice skating on Monday for MLK day (no school!) and Trevor fell on the ice and got a concussion. Seriously. I didn't see it happen because I was trying to get Corbin and Ashlyn around the rink, but according to Trevor he:
hit the wall
bounced off of it
blacked out
was dizzy when he woke up
he complained about being really tired and just wanted to sleep

Someone had carried him off the ice for me and gave him an ice pack. I took him to the ER. He threw up twice. Since he threw up and there was a span of an hour in between the doctors were concerned and wanted to do a CT scan to rule out blood being on his brain. Luckily the scan came back normal and he has been recovering.



Who knew that ice skating could be so dangerous! Since this incident Trevor has sworn to NEVER EVER go ice skating again. I had to give him the "if you fall off a horse speech" but I'm not sure it worked.

We had so many people call and offer help and priesthood blessings. We were grateful to have friends with us at the ice rink who were amazing and helpful. It was scary but we are glad it is now behind us.

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe this happened! You poor guys! He looks so sad in that picture, hope he continues to feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea! It was kind of crazy and luckily he recovered quickly.

    ReplyDelete