I grew up in San Diego, California. One of my best friend's dad (who was like my second dad growing up) just had heart surgery. This is what was posted on their facebook wall and I'm not surprised at all that they grew up learning this. They are such a loving family.
-Aleta posted-
'This is The serenity prayer-
God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
and Wisdom to know the difference.'
It's one of my family sayings I grew up on and so appropriate for today as my dad is in for another heart procedure."...
Each person is a child of God and in that, even when they do this that or the other, they are still innocent children to the level of their knowledge and ability. If we can see each person through God's eyes and through His Love the challenges we face will be eased. We can only change ourselves and even with that we are only changed through God's love. We each have an opportunity to let God's love shine through us and share it with others in every relationship we have. One of my favorite sayings right now- "It is what it is, until it isn't." That helps me to accept the things I cannot change and the love of God helps me to do it with more serenity. The wisdom comes as we courageously face our own shortcomings and create change in our own lives. May God's light Bless you today as you face this challenge.
I am praying for his quick recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment