This will probably be the very last Christmas that Trevor will believe in Santa Claus. He is getting too good at asking direct questions...the ones where I feel like, oh man...there is a little tiny white lie and then there's a LIE. He asked me point blank, "Mom, is Santa Claus real?" His face was all worried and crumpled so of course I said, "Yes! Of course he is real!" He lit up instantly and he had the hugest smile on his face. Sigh.
Other questions about Santa this year:
Mom, why does Santa only deliver presents at night?
Why can't he deliver presents when we can see him?
Why is it that NO ONE has ever seen Santa before?
How can He visit everyone in the entire world in one night?
Why does Santa wrap Jaxson and Kimball's presents but doesn't wrap mine? (this is the way Dave's family does it...I never believed in Santa when I was a kid)
Does Santa really eat EVERYONE's cookies?!!
Here's a help for when you do have to have the conversation: http://www.cozi.com/live-simply/truth-about-santa
ReplyDeleteExcellent. Thanks!
ReplyDelete