Dave and I took Corbin on a date out this week. Usually either Dave or I take one of the kids out just to get one-on-one time with them. Corbin coined the phrase "date out" a couple of years ago. I used to call it date night out and Corbin shortened it. The kids love one-on-one time with the rents. Stuff we do:
go out for ice cream
slushies at Target
Go to the Library and read books
Book Fair
Out for hot chocolate
Bike Ride
Movie
To the store to get a treat
They feel special and ask for date outs all of the time. We love it.
go out for ice cream
slushies at Target
Go to the Library and read books
Book Fair
Out for hot chocolate
Bike Ride
Movie
To the store to get a treat
They feel special and ask for date outs all of the time. We love it.
So cute! What good parents you are! We keep talking about doing one-on-one dates with the kids, but we just don't ever seem to find the time to do it. When I grow up, I want to be as wonderful a mom as you are.
ReplyDeleteI love this idea. So glad you guys are making it work. We are still trying to get there! I miss your cute family. Beth says she has really enjoyed getting to know you better. I'll give you a call next time I'm out there!!
ReplyDeleteMel! Do the one-on-one dates. Even for 30 minutes, you will not regret it! You make me laugh..."when I grow up". Ha! Thanks, you are the sweetest. for reals. Laurie--you have a few more kids to work with than I do... :) Beth is great! I'd love to hang out next time you come again!
ReplyDelete