- The Story of David and Abigail made an impression. Here's how--
- Abigail takes upon herself Nabal's sin and asks David to forgive her. (the same way Christ does for us) She tells David that she doesn't want him to go after Nabal for DAVID'S SAKE , because it will ruin all that David has ever made of himself up to that point. And up to that point, David's heart was good and right.
- Christ loves us despite everything we do
- "We sin when our hearts are sinful." We could do all the kind deeds in the world and be obedient outwardly to every commandment and it wouldn't matter if our hearts weren't right. ex: Pharisees
- "We sin when are hearts are sinful, no matter what we do on the surface." pg. 51
- The emphasized sinner in the story of Abigail and David, is David...not Nabal...because David's heart was about to turn evil and Nabal's heart was already evil.
Saturday, February 11, 2012
The Peacegiver quotes and information I love
Remember this book I read? Well, when I read it, I bookmarked almost every single page. Seriously. I knew that I needed to go back to some paragraphs to reread and internalize. So I did. And I'm glad I did. Here are some pearls of knowledge I gained:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment