In the Faith of Christ

Friday, February 10, 2012

Afghanistan

My friend, Emily, knows someone (through her mom's friend) that is living in Afghanistan right now. In Kabul to be exact. He found a need and he is filling it. And I am super impressed and humbled by his work. There are literally thousands of children living in freezing conditions there with no warm clothes and many have died because of it. My friend, Emily, has helped him by asking the members of our ward to collect blankets, socks, hats, sweaters and mittens. In just a couple of days she collected:

126 blankets
82 pairs of gloves
75 hats
60 pairs of socks
22 scarfs
a lot of baby clothes and other clothes
And
2 snuggies


These items will be delivered to the children within 2 days. I can't wait.
I keep thinking about this all day long and am so grateful someone
is out there taking ACTION and helping these children.

1 comment:

  1. Em told me that all those donations came from just 14 people!

    ReplyDelete