Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Grape Juice and Crab Apple jelly
After I went grape picking I made some grape juice. We all couldn't get over how great the grapes smell and the kids kept sneaking grapes to snack on. Another friend, Lisa Shifrin, has a crab apple tree in her front yard and has given us a batch of crab apple jelly in the past. p.s. best jelly ever. She puts a little bit of cinnamon in it and it is so delicious. This year she invited us over to pick crab apples from her tree. When I got there she had already picked a bucket full, I picked a few more and came home and made some jelly. I had 8 quarts of grape juice and 8 pints of crab apple jelly and crab apple butter. SO GOOD. I can't wait to make more next year. p.s. Dave made the crab apple butter, also so good.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment