In the Faith of Christ

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Field Trip!!

One of the perks of being a stay-at-home mom is the many field trips I get to go on with the kids.  Kids LOVE IT when you go on their field trips with them.  Trevor, who is in 4th grade now, still loves it when I come!  He still thinks I'm cool enough and not embarrassing (I know this will not last long:)).  

Corbin took me on his field trip to the science lab.  The instructor is so knowledgeable and makes it so fun for the kids.  She does the same experiments every time, so it is fun to see that each of my kids have gotten to do the same cool things. 

The instructor has all the kids hypothesize what would happen if she stuck a needle in a balloon. The instructor sticks a needle at the bottom of the balloon but it doesn't pop.  They all talk about why.
 Tornado in a bottle
 Magnifying glass and sea shells
 Car race track
 The Millipede! They look at a millipede, draw what it looks like then they take it out of the clear box and let it walk around on their paper.  The kids have to trace the millipede's tracks with a crayon.

No comments:

Post a Comment