JULY 2012
Dave's dad's siblings and their mom, Great Grandma Collette, (did you get all that?:)) get together each summer for the 4th of July. It. Is. AMAZING.
Times one hundred. We have bbcue's, go on hikes, ride 4-wheelers, swim down the canal, go
tubing and boating, sit by the Snake river right underneath where the
fireworks are being lit off, play games, catch snakes and butterflies,
have boat races using homemade paper boats, eat square ice cream, play
games, watch movies. Oh man, I could go on. It is like a dream. I love it. It's one of my most favorite times of the year.Dave has the most amazing grandparents. They are kind and honorable. Two of his grandmother's are still alive. Grandma Christiansen and Grandma Collette. We love them both. This holiday we celebrated Great Grandma Collette's 85 birthday. She is like an anchor for her family. She lived in Austria during WWII and her life is full of faith-building stories. I admire her a lot.
Here are our fun times at Uncle Robert and Aunt Leslie's cabin...
PLAYING GAMES
CATCHING SNAKES
SEEING WHO CAN LEAVE THEIR FEET IN THE FREEZING COLD WATER THE LONGEST
CATCHING BUTTERFLIES
JUST CHILLIN'
THIRST QUENCHING
THE CABIN REALLY DOES MAKE YOU THIS HAPPY...
AT LEAST A FEW PEOPLE MANAGED TO SNEAK IN THE ELECTRONICS
FRONT ENTRANCE TO ROBERT AND LESLIE'S CABIN
THE ANNUAL PICTURE OF THE PET CHIPMUNK THAT LIVES ON THE PROPERTY
PING PONG AND OTHER GAMES
I LOVE THAT THE ADULTS INCLUDED TREVOR IN THEIR GAMES.
THE ROWS OF BUNK BEDS FOR COUSINS TO SLEEP ON
MORNING MOVIES
SNUGGLE/SLEEPY TIME WITH AUNT MICHELLE
BREAKFAST TIME
GRANDMA COLLETTE AND ASHLYN
AUNT ANGELINE TESTING OUT THE INDOOR SLIDE
THE SECRET ATTIC THAT THE KIDS LOVED TO PLAY IN
MORE GAMES WITH COUSINS
ROAD TRIPS
FISHING
GIRLIE TIME--I BROUGHT MY SHELLAC NAIL SYSTEM AND MAGNETIC NAIL POLISH
I PAINTED BROOKLYN AND ASHLYN'S NAILS 4TH OF JULY COLORS
MORE SNAKE CATCHING (THIS WENT ON THE WHOLE TIME...
CATCH AND RELEASE)
BOATING
THE OFFICIAL COLLETTE REGATTA
GREAT GRANDMA COLLETTE'S CABIN
MORE REGATTA IN THE CREEK NEXT TO GREAT GRANDMA COLLETTE'S CABIN
FIRESIDE WITH GREAT GRANDMA COLLETTE WHICH MADE ME CRY (OF COURSE)
DINNER WITH THE KIDDOS
LOTS OF HUGS FOR GRANDMA
OUTDOOR MOVIE ON THE DECK
MORE PING PONG
PUZZLES
MORE SNAKES
HUGS FOR GREAT GRANDMA
CUTE COUSINS
No comments:
Post a Comment