In the Faith of Christ

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Saving money...

Weird post in the middle of the Christmas shopping extravaganza, right? Well, it is on my mind so I thought I'd share what we do.
1. Use fabric napkins (let's face it, they are prettier and they are small enough that you can just toss them in with another load when washing)
2. Use grocery bags instead of trash bags for trash
3. Cut our dryer sheets in half
4. I always use a coupon if I go to Michael's, Joann's or Bed Bath and Beyond. Why wouldn't you? They always come in the mail (or email) and it's easy
5. Hip2save.com I don't coupon for food. I can't find coupons for the food that I like, but I do coupon for toiletries and cleaners
6. My sister-in-law is creating a coupon blog, which I love: http://www.bestcouponblogs.com/coupon-blogs/
7. Use cold water when washing clothes when we can
8. Buy furniture at the thrift store and re-purpose
9. Make our own play dough
10. Grow a garden and can food
11. Always search for coupon codes when buying things online. Always. I usually can find free shipping and $5 or $10 off. Retailmenot.com is great for this (recommended by a friend)
12. I use re-usable food containers. My kids lunch boxes are stainless steel and have little compartments for food. I love it. I never have to use sandwich bags. I also put leftovers in re-usable food containers with lids so I rarely use plastic wrap.
13. I don't buy paper towels. I use dish towels.
14. ok there is more but I am tired and this is all I have for tonight :) more on this later...

1 comment:

  1. great advice! especially since that money would be better spent on other things! thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete