I have a friend from high school (more than 14 years ago!) that found the LDS church, met with the missionaries, read the Book of Mormon, prayed to know if it was true and then was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was lucky enough to speak at her baptism all of those years ago. I asked her to send me her conversion story, which I shared in a lesson in Relief Society at church, and wanted to put her testimony
of the Book of Mormon here.
From Melissa:
"I met with the missionaries at a friends house and they told me about God and Jesus Christ and their plan. They told me about Joseph Smith and his vision. They then told me about the Book of Mormon. I read a little bit of the Book of Mormon with them and an overwhelming feeling came over me that the book that I had in my hands was from God. I felt that this was the missing piece that I was searching for so many years ago. I knew that if this must be from God then the rest of the teachings and truths must be from God too.I wanted to learn more! But my mom and dad were not so excited about my new inquiry like I was. We debated a lot about the church. They had me talk to pastors and an ex-Mormon. Because they were so concerned, there were times when I thought that this was just a phase and I would find something to let me know that it wasn't right. It was also heart-breaking because I didn't understand how something so good and complete that was connected to God and his plan could be false. But no matter what the pastors and an ex-Mormon said they never were able to show me in the scriptures that the Book of Mormon was false. In fact, the scriptures that they gave me to look up further deepened my convincing that the church was true. I don't think that was the affect they wanted."
of the Book of Mormon here.
From Melissa:
"I met with the missionaries at a friends house and they told me about God and Jesus Christ and their plan. They told me about Joseph Smith and his vision. They then told me about the Book of Mormon. I read a little bit of the Book of Mormon with them and an overwhelming feeling came over me that the book that I had in my hands was from God. I felt that this was the missing piece that I was searching for so many years ago. I knew that if this must be from God then the rest of the teachings and truths must be from God too.I wanted to learn more! But my mom and dad were not so excited about my new inquiry like I was. We debated a lot about the church. They had me talk to pastors and an ex-Mormon. Because they were so concerned, there were times when I thought that this was just a phase and I would find something to let me know that it wasn't right. It was also heart-breaking because I didn't understand how something so good and complete that was connected to God and his plan could be false. But no matter what the pastors and an ex-Mormon said they never were able to show me in the scriptures that the Book of Mormon was false. In fact, the scriptures that they gave me to look up further deepened my convincing that the church was true. I don't think that was the affect they wanted."
(melissa getting her mission call)
I love this girl! She is a woman of great faith and a great sense of humor. I too know that the Book of Mormon is from God and is another testament
of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Elder Richard G. Scott said this about
the Book of Mormon and Bible:
"Because scriptures are generated from inspired communication
through the Holy Ghost, they are pure truth. Scriptures are
like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and
inspiration from on high. They can become the key to open the channel to
communion with our Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ.
The scriptures provide the strength of authority to our declarations when they are cited correctly. They can become stalwart friends that are not limited by geography or calendar. They are always available when needed. Their use provides a foundation of truth that can be awakened by the Holy Ghost. Learning, pondering, searching, and memorizing scriptures is like filling a filing cabinet with friends, values, and truths that can be
called upon anytime, anywhere in the world."
For a free Book of Mormon send an email to me at thecollettes@gmail.com
I love this girl! She is a woman of great faith and a great sense of humor. I too know that the Book of Mormon is from God and is another testament
of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Elder Richard G. Scott said this about
the Book of Mormon and Bible:
"Because scriptures are generated from inspired communication
through the Holy Ghost, they are pure truth. Scriptures are
like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and
inspiration from on high. They can become the key to open the channel to
communion with our Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ.
The scriptures provide the strength of authority to our declarations when they are cited correctly. They can become stalwart friends that are not limited by geography or calendar. They are always available when needed. Their use provides a foundation of truth that can be awakened by the Holy Ghost. Learning, pondering, searching, and memorizing scriptures is like filling a filing cabinet with friends, values, and truths that can be
called upon anytime, anywhere in the world."
For a free Book of Mormon send an email to me at thecollettes@gmail.com

No comments:
Post a Comment