In the Faith of Christ

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Book of the Week

  

OUT OF THE DUST
(June 25, 2012)


This book was written in free-verse poem style and I really liked it.  I thought the words were beautiful and the story captured just how hard it was to live in the dust bowl during the depression. 


MATCHED
(July 2, 2012)




This new series by Ally Condie is good.  It is a quick read and feels a lot like the flow of Hunger Games.  I would say the story is a mesh of Hunger Games and The Giver.  It left me wanting to read the second book to find out what happens. 




CROSSED
(July 9, 2012)

The series lost a little bit of it's steam with book 2.  There was a lot of information and not enough suspense.  I would talk about this book with my sis-in-law and we would always say, "If the author only added this, or changed that little part, or led up to it more..."  It was still enough to get me to want to read the third and final book due out in November.  I think it will be her best one of the three.


LADDIE
(July 16, 2012)

My mom recommended this book and it did not disappoint.  Stratton Porter LOVES to give TONS of detail about NATURE which is slightly annoying...but besides that it was really great.  It is full of goodness.  There is nothing bad in this book.  It is an interesting story and the characters in the book are full of integrity and are close to God.  I loved that.  My mom also recommended Freckles by the same author and I have enjoyed reading it thus far.


CHRONICLES OF NARNIA
(July 23, 2012)
I am reading this series to my kids.  Thanks to a recommendation from a friend.  They LOVE these books!!  This is a great series for parents who want to read to their kids every night. 











No comments:

Post a Comment