In the Faith of Christ

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gourmet Root Beer

Dave and I might have a thing for gourmet sodas.  Just a little.  We might go on daily weekly runs to get said gourmet sodas.  Our favorites:

Virgils Rootbeer 
Sprechers Cream Soda
Ok, and I really like certain flavors of Izze's

A few nights ago I was at a girls night and got this text from Dave:

"I have found no fewer than 3 partially consumed bottles of soda hidden around the house.  You may have an addiction problem."

This is funny because I don't like to share my gourmet sodas with my kids.  Mean, right?  But would they really appreciate them anyways?  So, I tend to open a bottle of soda and drink as much of it as I can in as short amount of time as possible before a child walks into the room.  If one of my kids walks into the room I quickly hide the bottle of soda behind anything I can find and hope to drink it later when they have left the room.  Please tell me someone else does this too?!!

8 comments:

  1. I love sodas too! I like sarsaparilla :). Have you ever been to Sweet Moses on the West side? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I've never tried sarsaparilla (where do you buy it?) or Sweet Moses. Sounds like a perfect date night out for Dave and I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I LOVE gourmet sodas! So does Jake. We discovered THE MOST AMAZING cream soda at our local Smith's recently. I can't remember what it's called, though. It comes in a four-pack and is the best soda either of us had ever had. Next time I get some I'll have to let you know what it is. Also, I ran across a really easy recipe for "authentic" butterbeer a while ago that is mostly just cream soda (gourmet bottled is obviously much better than something from a can or a 2-liter) with a little imitation butter flavor (did you even know there WAS such a thing? I didn't.) mixed in. It's pretty good. We make it anytime we watch a Harry Potter movie. But as for the stashing, that's all you. When I have a treat I don't want to share with my kids I just hide somewhere they can't find me and if they find me anyway I just play the mean mom and tell them it's mine and I'm not sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, Dave's text made me laugh right out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last comment, I swear. Have you ever heard of Soda Stream? It's a machine that let's you make your own soda and has TONS of different flavors available. I have never tried it personally, but I have a friend who has one and her family LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! I'm glad we have more gourmet soda friends! I want to know the brand of the cream soda you love. Also, the Soda Stream idea sounds exactly like something we need to get for our house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I remembered to find that cream soda AND tell you about it. Mostly because Jake just handed me one while I was cruising blogs. It's Virgil's Cream Soda. I tried their root beer, and it's pretty good. But, in my humble opinion, the root beer doesn't hold a candle to how awesome their cream soda is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo...I've never seen the Virgil's cream soda! I bet it is so good. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete