Ashlyn had two field trips in one week. One on Thursday and one on Friday. Since I still have Corbin at home it's a little tricky and I have to find a babysitter to go. Plus, I want to provide fun and education for Corbin too. So, I figured I would go to one of Ashlyn's field trips and use the other day to take Corbin to his Friday play date.
I got a babysitter for Thursday and made my way to Ashlyn's school for the field trip. When I got there they told me it had been cancelled. I was SO BUMMED.
And so was Ashlyn. She begged me to go to the field trip the next day. I was so sad. I didn't have a babysitter for Friday and I had already made plans to go to a play date for Corbin.
I thought about it all day. I didn't want to disappoint Ashlyn and I didn't want to disappoint Corbin as well. What to do?!! I seriously thought about the book, "Yearning for the Living God" all day and said a silent prayer throughout the day that a miracle would happen and that I would be able to give both kids love and attention.
After I put the kids to bed that night I went to a girls night at my friends house and found out that the play date the next day for Corbin (we have them scheduled a month in advance, I just hadn't looked at the list yet) was scheduled to be at the Cleveland Art Museum...THE SAME EXACT PLACE WHERE ASHLYN'S CLASS WAS SCHEDULED TO GO ON HER FIELD TRIP!!!
I was so excited! I couldn't wait to tell her when she woke up the next morning.
When Ashlyn woke up the next morning, the day of her field trip, she said, "Mom, I had a dream about you last night! I dreamt that you were able to go to my field trip today!"
I seriously had tears in my eyes. For one, that God had assured Ashlyn through her dreams and two, that I could indeed tell her she was right and that I could go to her field trip that day.
This might seem like a small coincidence but it was a really big deal to me and my children. I believe it was a small MIRACLE in my life.
What a great experience! I'm so glad you blogged it, too, so that you won't forget it to share with your children as they grow up. And I'm glad you shared it with us (your readers), too.
ReplyDeleteCathy, what a wonderful, amazing experience! For you and your kids! That's one of those stories Ashlyn will remember her whole life. Way to have the faith to bring about miracles!
ReplyDelete