In the Faith of Christ

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Trevor sliced his foot open

This is the capture the flag tragedy... (p.s. beware of graphic pictures!) While Trevor was running at warp speed to escape being caught by the opposite team his foot got caught on the bottom of a chain link fence and it sliced a huge hole in the top of his foot. He ran over to the moms saying "Owe! Owe! Owe!" We were thinking it was a bee sting, but then we saw that blood was pouring out of his foot. I was in shock and about 5 different people were telling me what I needed to do. Thankfully a new friend had a first aid kit in her car (I have since vowed to always have one in my car) and we put gauze on it and I drove him to the emergency room. 15 stitches, a cast and crutches later...


Our sweet primary president brought over chocolate milk and oreos for Trevor that night.

Trevor's friends that were with him when he cut his foot open may have to have therapy now. :) J/k but they were pretty shaken up by all the blood. They came over to check on him a couple of days later. One of the kids came up with the idea to buy Trevor a present and all of them chipped in money to buy him Ninjago. It warmed my heart (and might have made me tear up). These parents are raising really great kids. And Trevor was so grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment