Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Stolen Cookies
The song, Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar, keeps replaying in my mind every time I think of this story. 2 weeks ago I made chocolate chip cookies right before dinner. If the kids ate all of their dinner without me asking them to eat, they could have a cookie afterwards. Ashlyn was the only one to finish her dinner (and got a cookie) so the boys were out of luck until the following night. The boys started crying. Ashlyn went over and whispered something in their ears and they immediately stopped. Then Corbin kept asking me when I was going to bed over and over again. So, I knew something was up. I put the kids to bed, told them that I was going to bed right then and then hid behind my door (with a video camera in hand) to wait for the plot to unfold. The next several minutes consisted of the whispered plan. Corbin was being sent out to check and see if I had fallen asleep yet (I had stuffed my blankets with a pillow to make it look like I was in bed...yes I used to be the master of pranks in college). Then Trevor and Corbin were going to stay behind so that Ashlyn could sneak down tip-toe style to grab a cookie for Trevor and Corbin off the counter. The second she started sneaking down the stairs I followed far enough behind her with my video camera so that she couldn't see me. Trevor spotted me and started yelling for Ashlyn to abort! But not before I snapped this shot.... Does she look guilty or what?! We all laughed so hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love it! Ashlyn is a girl after my own heart. I used to steal cookies as a kid and have a horrible sweet tooth still! BTW, great picture at the top of your blog and I like the new look!
ReplyDeleteWhere is the video? I want to see the video of this marvelous plan. Great Story!
ReplyDeleteHa! Sarah, for some reason I can totally see you as the cookie stealer in the family. :) hehe (ps I have a horrible sweet tooth too!)
ReplyDeleteAngeline--I have no idea how to get videos on this thing! Dave uploaded one video and has never been able to do it again...as soon as we figure it out though, it will for sure get posted. :)