Have you ever had all of your kids sleep in the same room? Was it a disaster? I mean, it probably was fun, the kids probably laughed and talked and played in their beds and had a jolly good time, right? But did they ever fall asleep?....before 10?!! Not in my house. The boys really wanted us to put the bunk beds together so they could sleep in the same room. All three of my kids have their own room and usually sleep in their own rooms, but we decided a change would be good so we put the beds together. And then Ashlyn wanted to join, so all three were sleeping in the same room. This little experiment lasted 2 weeks and every night it was PARTY CENTRAL until 10 pm! So, the bunk beds got taken down. The boys started crying hysterically and I got a really funny video of it. They were rolling around on the beds crying (over-dramatic, yes?:)). I busted out the video camera and Corbin immediately stopped crying and started smiling at the camera. It was so funny. If I turned the camera off he would cry again. Here is the bunk bed to be saved for another time when they are a little older and can go to bed on time...

Dave made this bunk bed when Trevor was 3. A teacher from school had all of the tools and he and Dave worked hard drawing the plans, buying the wood and building it.
No comments:
Post a Comment