In the Faith of Christ

Monday, June 25, 2012

Memorial Day weekend

Last year, as soon as the flags were posted at our local cemetery that we always drive by, I felt prompted to teach my kids about Memorial day.  Then the weekend came and went and I never took the chance to teach my kids about Memorial day.   The following week we received a letter from Dave's grandma Collette about the importance of teaching our kids what Memorial day is and why we recognize it.  This year I wasn't going to let the teaching moment pass by.  The kids and I read about Memorial day together and then went to the cemetery to see the flags and tombstones.  The kids were so interested in the military ranks  and wars that the soldiers served in that were listed on the tombstones.






Just as I was feeling good about this teaching moment, Ashlyn woke up that night with a nightmare.  The next morning she told me that she had a dream that she had fallen into a hole in a burial plot and that zombies were chasing her.  Awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment