In the Faith of Christ

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

FOOD COLORING--one of mans greatest inventions

Feel free to bust out all of your non-toxic goodness in my comment box.:) I know there are more natural ways to color food, but I have a confession: I love food coloring. It has gotten me out of many a bind. For example, when Trevor was a toddler he hated taking baths. I don't know why, because baths are fun, right? Well, the only way we could get him to take a bath was if we promised to color his bath water. We have been doing it for years now and the kids love it. We just add a drop of whatever color they choose (sometimes we mix colors) and it revolutionizes bath time.

We also use food coloring in pancakes...right now the kids are on the rainbow swirls kick. Food coloring also goes into milk sometimes, and snow water bottles.

Thank you food coloring for making my life that much more fun.

I found this article while investigating whether or not I should be using food coloring because of health reasons and I kinda felt bad...http://www.care2.com/greenliving/safe-red-food-dyes-valentines-day.html ....will do more research on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment